Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Flower Market


Maggie, her friend Tom, and I head to the Flower Market.


They have big, classy cameras. I take their pictures with Mike's tiny point and shoot.



We arrive.


I don't know anything about flowers, but Maggie says it's amazing to see so many orchids. She buys a huge bouquet of dead bamboo. I like the woven baskets:


When we wander away, we can see down the river:


Rooftops and umbrellas:


And the (un)usual assortment of sites.

Bank-robber mannequin heads:


A dog asleep on a case of gold jewelry:


The grocery market, full of delicious practicalities:


And piles and piles of scarves:

2 comments:

aethena said...

woah, nice scarves!

Jocelyn M. Berger said...

I think your next post should have a picture of the dog wearing a burglar mask and scarves, eating at the grocery store. Go!