Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Worst Things About Chiang Mai

1. Everyone says it's winter now, but it's a lie! I am still hot all day, all the time.
2. Rice and noodles, everywhere, always.
3. Tiny little Thai girls. Despite the prices, clothes shopping is hard because nothing fits!
4. No one walks anywhere, so there are no nice, shady sidewalks.
5. When we're walking we are constantly honked at by tuk tuk and songthaew drivers. (I know, I know, they just can't understand why we don't want a ride.)
6. The language barrier. Even most signs and menus, except in tourist areas, are in Thai.
7. Being so far from home.
8. Being so far from home.
9. Being so far from home.

4 comments:

cuileann said...

Ah. *sympathy hug*

thedrifterandthegypsy said...

haha...my friend went there for vacay and she said that they're all tiny and borderline anorexic too. she's so tiny and even she's like a large in their clothes.
xoxo,
Micaela

Nathalia said...

I feel for you! even though I wish it was a bit hotter here...
Merry Christmas:)

Couture Carrie said...

Oh darlin! I totally empathize with 7, 8 & 9!

Merry Christmas, Chloe!

xoxox,
CC