Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Six days!

Six more days until home. Six days until snow and boots and warming my back on the woodstove. Six days until I see my mother's curls in her big furry hat, until my father and I share the breakfast table from behind our computers. Until I can make phone calls that do not echo to my brother and all my dear, missed girlfriends across the continent.


Right now it seems like a magical world over there, full of old books and soft light, a world I can barely believe exists.


But I know it will be more like this:


And this:


And that will be all right too.

Also, a note about this blog: to recap, since my digital camera was STOLEN! and then the borrowed one broke, posting here has been much less fun, which is why I've done it so infrequently. But, I have secret plans to remedy this situation soon after I get home, and then I will resume posting, though with some changes, since I will no longer be traveling and will have no reason to keep a travelogue. This will be my last post from Thailand, but please check in again often, as I hope to continue and expand this blog soon.

Until then, safe travels.

Countrybelle

(pictures from here)

8 comments:

tiffany... said...

travel safe my dear!
i look forward to seeing you and becoming friends...
we'll find ways to keep warm and eat sweets and drink tea. it'll be lovely... as will we!
enjoy your last days in thailand... and be safe!
see you so soon!

cuileann said...

Oh, I am excited for you. :)

thedrifterandthegypsy said...

ah i'm so sorry to hear that your camera was stolen. i want to get a new one really bad, so right now i'm hoping mine either breaks or gets stolen so i can use it as an excuse to get a new one, but watch it last like 10 more years without any trouble at all :)
and i'm so excited for you. can't wait to check out your blog and see the changes you're going to make.
xoxo,
Micaela

Annabelle said...

That is so horrible that your camera was stolen! Don't worry - karma will get whoever stole it, back.

Fly home safely.

And loving your blog, so will be popping in frequently!

Maggie May said...

there's no place like home
*click click

judy said...

Can't wait to see you, Tobey! And I know that you will keep growing and developing your blog once you return home. Don't forget about us loyal readers!

Couture Carrie said...

What a lovely collection of photos! I am excited for your trip home!

xoxox,
CC

Travelling Lightly said...

Does that mean you're home now?! That's very exciting! I never appreciated W.Mass until I left, but it's good to see Academy people out exploring the world. Tell your brother I (Sarah) say hi.

P.S. I like your blog.