Friday, February 20, 2009

Hanging Out


I spend a lot of time at home these days. Reading magazines and blogs and the first couple pages of actual books. Thinking about the things I want to do, like write and learn to sew, and how I should just do them already.


Sitting on the couch. Watching TV. Eating. And applying for jobs, I am doing a lot of that.


But really, to be honest, this staying in thing isn't bad at all. I like doing nothing.


Most of the time, I'm not even bored. I'm totally content to just sit around. I don't really want to go anywhere or call anybody.


Should I be worried about this?


Here's a wall of my dad's photos:


My room:


Sunday night after a party:



And before that same party:




This is the accidentally vegan applesauce bread I made:


This is Slurpy, the feral cat:


This is the bouquet my father got me for Valentine's Day next to my mother's flowers (I can't remember what kind hers are).

Still, I would like to earn some money so I could buy those jeans I loved at Zanna...

9 comments:

cuileann said...

Hmm...nope, I don't think that's cause for worry. I am enjoying a quiet time right now too.

thedrifterandthegypsy said...

ah, relaxing at home is so refreshing. nothing bad about that at all. i wish i had time to relax...i don't have any time to do half the things i would like to do...
xoxo,
Micaela

tiffany... said...

i, too, am way too content with being home and doing nothing much of anything...
but, i'll still sew with you...

surimay said...

i love sitting around at home doing nothing! most of the time i just watch dvds. lol. but it's funnnn.

hmm slurpy the feral cat looks rather angry. lol.

p.s. thanks for visiting my blog! :D

Couture Carrie said...

Slurpy is a fab name for a feral cat!

And I love doing nothing, too!

Reading mags should be a profession!

xoxox,
CC

ae said...

it's an amaryllis flower. pretty flowers, pretty tobey.

La Couturier said...

These are lovely photos! I, too, am perfectly content being bored at home, lounging around!

xoxo,
La C.

Noelle Chantal said...

wow your house looks very nice. i love how cozy it is with so many interesting pieces. i esp like the collage of black and white photos of your dad. :)

judy said...

Aw Tobes, I am so happy to see a picture of Slurpy! Very intense looking. Also, I love your house so much, and miss it.