Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's Come!

This morning I looked out my window and found the trees had bloomed overnight.


This may be my favorite day of the year. This first, dusted in green day.

In honor of the new season, and because I finally have some money (thanks to the United States government), I got my hair cut.


This is right after she did it, so of course it will never look this good again. (I have the cutest hairdresser in the world, by the way: Courtney at The Lift)

Then to compliment the haircut, I painted my toenails. I don't know when I bought this polish, but it reminds me of the color a little girl would choose. Wet 'n Wild says it's Lavender Pearlescent (I don't think that's a word). I would call it Eighties Barbie Pink.


And, since a new season is beginning, it's time to make some changes to this blog. I'm going to post more often (I swear!), and in addition to self portraits, random silliness, and stories, I'm going to post my favorite things I've found on the internet lately.

This week I discovered you can search all New Yorker cartoons and covers of (nearly) all time! And then you can buy a custom set of note cards of your favorite art. Maybe I am a dork, but how cool is that?! Here and here are two of my favorites.

And my wonderful cousin Ambjorn introduced me to another fabulous cartoon site. This one just gets me:

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You are the cutest! I am two weeks almost done with school but we should sun bathe or something soon.

judy said...

I love that cartoon! Also, I love what you have done with your blog. Everyday adventures is perfect. Please say hi to the family for me.

Also, cute haircut!

Ali said...

I love xkcd :)
hurray for spring, I'm on my way back home (literally - I'm laidover in Taipei) but I'll be back soon and looking forward to enjoying seasons

Erratic Traveller said...

Eeee! I love that comic. And if you're a dork, I am too.

Rose said...

www.siblingsandchickenwings.wordpress.com

Thats me and my Bros cool blog.

See you next Tuesday!