Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Housesitting

Is house sitting one or two words? I have been wondering that lately. Mainly because this summer will be a long stretch of housesitting gigs, beginning here, at Aethena and Noah's (I can't post any pictures because I forgot to bring my camera's USB cord).

The best thing about Aethena's is that it is right in Northampton, and this is the perfect season to be right in Northampton. It's cool and wet and everyone is happy that spring has come. The worst thing about Aethena's is that it's above Ye Ol' Watering Hole, and every night really awful music pulses up through the floor. Also a good thing: Aethena has two fabulous cats. And... they use the toilet! (well, kindof)

In other news, Justin is here! He bought a bike yesterday! And I have a job interview tomorrow! I hope I get it, because the prospect of all this housesitting makes me look forward to the time when I'll have my own home to settle into, my own animals to worry about, my own fridge to stock. Wish me luck...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I used to have friends that live up there, I know the spaces well!
Hang. So. Soon.
I'm going to a clothing swap on the 18th, wanna come? :)

Erratic Traveller said...

Not to worry- there's a beer can museum down there too. I've always wanted to go. I love housesitting but I agree there's a weird feeling that comes with it.

Ali said...

good luck! :) how do you get housesitting gigs? do you get paid for them? or do you just get to live in a cool house for a while? sounds like not too bad work if you get paid!

Noelle Chantal said...

oh good luck on your job interview! and house sitting sounds interesting to me. not bad, i bet you get to be paid for that! and i'm looking forward to having my own house and fridge to stock too. hehe :)